Welcome to D & L Representative Payee Services

D & L Representative Payee Services is a bonded 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Charity. We provide Representative Payee services under Section 10 of 42 USC 405(j)(4)(A) of the Social Security Act. We provide financial management services for individuals identified by the Social Security Administration as needing help managing their Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits who do not have a capable or willing family member or friend.

We provide services nationwide with our headquarters in Walnut, California and our field office in Cleveland, Tennessee. We currently have clients in Arizona, California, Indiana, Illinois, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina and Ohio.

Once we are authorized by Social Security to become a client’s Representative Payee, the Social Security Administration will send the client’s benefits to us to be managed on the client’s behalf. The client’s Social Security benefit(s) will be used to address needs in the following order:

  1. Basic needs (i.e. food, clothing and shelter)

  2. Medical and dental needs not covered by health insurance

  3. Personal needs such as clothing and recreation

Note: Payments are limited to available funds.

Getting A Representative Payee

Representative Payee Intake Picture

If you or someone your know is in need of our services please fill out our Payee Services Application and fax it back to us to get the process started.

Once we receive your application we will review it and contact you (usually the same day) within 1 to 2 business days.

Who Needs A Representative Payee

Who Needs A Representative Payee

SSA assumes adult beneficiaries are capable of managing their money unless there is evidence to the contrary. When SSA determines a beneficiary cannot manage or direct someone else to manage his or her Social Security and/or SSI benefits, they appoint a payee. SSA will never appoint a representative payee solely for a beneficiary’s convenience or personal preference.


Once soical security assigns you a payee they will send you a letter telling you that they have decided to pay your benefits to a payee. If you don't agree that you need a payee, or if you want a different payee, you have 60 days to appeal that decision by sending them a letter.


Beneficiaries who are unable to manage or direct the management of their money need a payee. These beneficiaries fall into three categories:

  • minor children;

  • legally incompetent adults (if your organization is the legal guardian for a beneficiary, you will need to submit a copy of the court appointment document to the local SSA office when you file the application to become a payee); and

  • adult beneficiaries SSA has determined are incapable of handling their money.

To view the technology we use and our featured Microsoft case study by clicking on the Microsoft Office 365 image below. It also contains a video introduction of our business.
 D & L Representative Payee Services